Subject:Oregon shorebird...qualifier
From:Jim Mattsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Sep 2010 02:03:38 +0000

I really meant for people to comment on the Flickr site, not the MOU-net. I only posted these photos for those who rarely, if ever, get to see this species in Minnesota AWAY from Duluth (ie. that's most of us!) where it is regular in migration. It's an increasingly important species, fairly rare in Oregon, and I just wanted to give birders a chance to ponder its identification, which can be problematic in fall. Now...is it an adult or juvenile...? I'll post the answer in a day or so.

Jim