Subject:MOU Warbler Quest 9/4
From:Pastor Al Schirmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:06:04 -0500

My apologies for the late report, just back in office this morning.

18 birders gathered at Kathio State Park on Saturday for the "Warbler
Quest".  17 warbler species were found:

Golden-winged
Tennessee
Nashville
Yellow
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Yellow-rumped
Black-throated Green
Blackburnian
Pine
Bay-breasted
Blackpoll
Black-and-white
American Redstart
Ovenbird
Common Yellowthroat
Wilson's

Scouting trip day before also added Cape May, Mourning and Canada.  Other
new migrants included Swainson's Thrush and Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  21st
warbler for last few days jumped up today on Sherburne's Blue Hill Trail
(Blue-winged).

Excellent group, kudos to all who didn't allow fall warblers to intimidate
them (baffle sometimes, still chuckling over our "three ID" special).
Special thanks to Kelly Applegate, whose mobbing track helped immensely, and
who showed us areas on or near tribal land we otherwise could not have
accessed.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN