Subject:Wednesdy Morning
From:roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Sep 2010 10:32:40 -0700

Vic Lewis and I birded this morning for a couple of hours at Sucker Lake north
of St. Paul and at the exposed shore on the north side of White Bear Lake.

We had 53 species total including 9 warblers: lots of Tennessee and Nashville
warblers plus chestnut-sided, black-and-white, bay-breasted, American redstart,
ovenbird, palm, and black-throated green.  (Other warblers I have seen during
the past week at Sucker Lake: common yellowthroat, yellow-rumped, blackpoll).

We also had resident red-breasted nuthatches, brown thrasher, lots of catbirds,
several rose-breasted grosbeaks including one male, ruby-crowned kinglets,
numerous hummingbirds, blue-headed vireo.

We had Lincoln's, white-throated, song, swamp sparrows.

At White Bear Lake we only saw several killdeers plus one cooperative, female
black-bellied plover.