Subject:Hawk Ridge Weekend - Who could say no!?!
From:Thomas Maiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:02:41 -0500

There is a great opportunity to staff the MOU table at Hawk Ridge in Duluth this Saturday.  Oh, to be among all of the birders visiting Hawk Ridge during the hopeful peak of the raptor migration (this is after all "Hawk Ridge Weekend"), have a choice spot to hang AND get to sit down for most of it!!!! Ma, tell me I'm in heaven, will ya!

The MOU is hosting a table during the Hawk Ridge Weekend this Saturday and it will be located ON Hawk Ridge!! (Bring your feather suit and see if you can get any lift)! You will have the greatest excuse ever to watch not only the billions and billions of raptors (I might be exaggerating a bit here), you will also have one of the best seats on the ridge to watch other birders watching the birds. How could anyone say no to this opportunity - a cornucopia of sights, sounds and most likely a very unique fashion line-up - there for your eyes for most of a Saturday!!

We will have the wheel all primed (I am hoping on this one) with raptor pics for the bird counters to test their raptor ID skill prior to their logging their observations into the historical annals of Minnesota birding records. What a service we provide!

Plus we will have many of the new items we had at the fair (the computer will be elsewhere as a teaching tool unfortunately - could you imagine the size of the extension cord we would need?!?).

So if you missed staffing the birdie booth at the fair this year or even if you didn't, here is your best excuse ever to spend a weekend in Duluth reveling our fine feathered carnivores as they get a lift and a push to continue their long trek to fairer climes - showing us once again the possible superior intellect and common sense migrating birds continue to impress upon us. Why else would they annually avoid of the freezing polar clippers and extended whiteness which we get to reside in until the excitement of their feathered return next spring.

Please contact Kate at kkelnberger@boreal.org) to get a piece of this bird watching pie!!!!!

Another life experience opportunity brought to you by the MOU Education Committee and the MOU, of course (we don't get all of the credit - and after all isn't that what we all truly live for - the credit? Makes you stop and think what the heck "the credit" could possibly mean and why anyone would need to attempt to obtain vast amounts of it! Ooops!  Off on another philosophical rant!  Time to go.)

Don't miss this opportunity. Contact Kate.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN