Subject:MRVAC - Isanti County Birding Day - Field Trip Report - 9/13/2010
From:CRAIG MANDEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:05:45 -0500

Monday, September 13, 2010

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
Isanti County Birding Day
Field Trip Report

Our group birded SW Isanti county on Monday with stops at Collin, Dewey Anderson and Lynden Cedarblade Parks.  We also spent time along the Rum River and at the town of Isanti Water Treatment plant.

Here are some of the 64 species of birds the group observed:

Ruffed Grouse
Wild Turkey
Green Heron
Turkey Vulture
Bald Eagle
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Broad-winged Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Sandhill Crane
Franklin's Gull - A number of these were mixed in with a flock of 100s of Ring-billed Gulls on Long Lake.
Red-headed Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Vireo's - Yellow-throated, Warbling, Philadelphia and Red-eyed.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Warblers - Golden-winged, Tennessee, Nashville, Pine, Blackpoll, Black-and-white and American Redstart
Sparrows - Chipping, Clay-colored, Vesper, Savannah and White-throated.

Craig Mandel<>
Minnetonka, Hennepin County