Subject:No Sightings; request information
From:Jim Solum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:04:16 -0500

Hello all! We are making a second of two trips this year to Grand Marais and are looking for a couple species which we've been missing the last several trips. Does anyone have regular Pileated Woodpeckers coming to your/someone else's feeder with reliably lately? I was up with a group from NE Illinois twenty years ago and Molly and Ken Hoffman had a beautiful male that fed a few yards away. We've seen them as fly-overs but have yet to find one sitting put for any length of time.
The other is Pine Martens. I know, not a bird but still an animal I would like to show my wife and daughter this fall/winter. Again, my best looks were two decades ago at Molly & Ken's when they lived on the Gunflint.
We'd appreciate ANY information anyone would have so feel free to just reply so as not to fill up space on the list-serve!
We will be there October 8-12th so if anyone finds new spots up until then, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Thank you in advance!'Jim Solumsolum11@msn.comGurnee