Subject:South Minneapolis migrants
From:Jonathon Jongsma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:28:42 -0500

Well, it's beginning to feel a lot like fall in minneapolis.

In addition to the nashville warblers and common yellowthroats that I've
been seeing regularly for the last couple of weeks at my local patch
(Powderhorn Park), the last two days have brought the first good numbers
of white-throated sparrows for the fall, a relatively large contingent
of northern flickers (at least 10-15 birds this morning), a clay-colored
sparrow, and a red-breasted nuthatch.

Other birds of note at Powderhorn in the last couple days:
- blackpoll warbler
- northern parula
- palm warbler
- ruby-crowned kinglet
- blue-headed vireo
- eastern kingbird
- tennessee warbler
- rose-breasted grosbeak
- swainson's thrush

I've also seen up to 4 juvenile cooper's hawks at the park some
mornings, though I've not seen them for the last few days (they've
nested in the park in past years, but I wasn't able to find their nest
this year)

Jonathon