Subject:Information on Grand Marais/Gunflint area
From:Jim Solum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:25:44 -0500

Hello all!
We are making a second of two trips this year to Grand Marais and are looking
for a couple species which we've been missing the last several trips. Does
anyone have regular Pileated Woodpeckers coming to your/someone else's
feeder with reliably lately? I was up with a group from NE Illinois twenty years
ago and Molly and Ken Hoffman had a beautiful male that fed a few yards
away. We've seen them as fly-overs but have yet to find one sitting put for
any length of time.

The other is Pine Martens. I know, not a bird but still an animal I would like to
show my wife and daughter this fall/winter. Again, my best looks were two
decades ago at Molly & Ken's when they lived on the Gunflint.

We'd appreciate ANY information anyone would have so feel free to just reply
so as not to fill up space on the list-serve!

We will be there October 8-12th so if anyone finds new spots up until then,
please don't hesitate to contact us!

Thank you in advance!
'
Jim Solum