Subject:[mou-net] Pomarine & Parasitic Jaeger photos, and others birds!
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:25:03 -0600

Last week I posted about four jaegers I observed at one time at Wisconsin
Point. Here are my photos of the birds observed that morning. Feedback is
welcome as always, especially with the jaeger ID shots.

Initial flock of four jaegers:

Flock of three jaegers:

Two Parasitic Jaegers (closer up):

Pomarine Jaeger:
-note underwing pale primary coverts, dark/thick breast band. Also tail
projection appears thick at the end.

American Golden Plovers:

Sanderling and Semipalmated Plover in flight:

Northern Pintail/Northern Shoveler flock in flight:

Good birdwatching,
Erik Bruhnke

Naturalist & Wildlife Photographer

Count Interpreter