CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Carol Heckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:46:38 -0400

Michael
i suspect the "real" answer might be that there is hardly any way of quantifying fluorescence relative intensity values or at least relating these values to the quantity of fluorochrome at any given subcellular site.  I think the scientists prefer such methods as FRET and FLIM because the relevant binding of fluorochrome to something appears more reliable as an indicator of what the experiment is directed at (not grammatical but you know what I mean?).
Carol Heckman