Subject:[mou-net] Meeker Co-Black Scoter
From:Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:30:31 -0600

Found a single Black Scoter of Lake Ripley by Litchfield this AM.  Seen fairly early from the east shore with the sun at our back.  Looking later in the afternoon from the west shore we were unable to find it.  Generally at least half the ducks appeared to be gone in the afternoon from the AM but they may have been out feeding in the fields as we saw many geese and ducks in the air in the PM.

Lots of Cackling Geese mixed with the majority Canada Geese.  At least 13 other species of waterfowl present.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN
dbmartin@skypoint.com