Subject:[mou-net] Townsend's Solitaire
From:roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:33:24 -0700

Jim Ryan, John from Rochester, and I easily found the solitaire this afternoon
at the previously reported spot: south end of the evergreens a couple hundred
yards south of County Road F, on the west side of Vadnais Lake.

Mallards, lots of ring-necked ducks, 30 common goldeneyes, a few hooded
mergansers, a couple of buffleheads, a common loon, 12 trumpeter (I think, they
were on the far side of the lake.) swans.

We might have had a brief glimpse of the long-tailed duck when 12 goldeneyes
flushed, but did not get a good look.