Subject:[mou-net] Male Black Scoter in Duluth.
From:Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:13:40 -0700

This morning there was a male black scoter in Duluth.  The bird was seen on the bayside of Minnesota Point near the soccer fields adjacent to the airport.
This was a lifer for me and a rather beautiful one at that :)  Bird present from 08:00 to at least 09:30, I tried to show a most gracious birder (Hi Mel!)
the bird, but it evaded us.  It was noted to periodically associate with the goldeneyes while feeding 30 to 50 yards off shore.
I will post a picture of the bird in the showcase section of MOU.
Regards,
Shawn Zierman.