Subject:[mou-net] Thayer's Gull, Glaucous Gull & more with photos (Canal Park)
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:30:06 -0700

I birdwatched at Canal Park this morning. Among the HERRING GULLS (no
Ring-billed Gulls observed this morning), I observed one juvenile GLAUCOUS
GULL, one adult THAYER'S GULL, and that probable ICELAND x THAYER'S GULL
HYBRID. It's neat to see the transition of gulls moving through. Although
there could be many Ring-billed Gulls still lingering around, this morning
was my first morning of this autumn's gull-watching where I didn't observe
one Ring-billed Gull. Many COMMON GOLDENEYES are paddling around Canal Park
Photos are below. Enjoy!

Glaucous Gull (juvenile)

Thayer's Gull (adult)

Iceland x Thayer's Gull probable hybrid

Good birdwatching,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

NATURALLY AVIAN - Bird photography and guided bird hikes