CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2011

From:
Valerie Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:48:51 -0600

Hi all,
We are looking for a method of imaging starch in paper using confocal
microscopy.  None of the fluorescent dyes we’ve tried (basic fuchsin, crystal
violet, SF light) are useful since they also stain the cellulose in the wood
fibres.  Starch has been hydrolyzed.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.
Valerie Lawrence