Subject:Re: Stearns County Harrier
From:Holly Peirson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:02:00 -0600

Wow, that rings a bell in the old noggin!

I, too, saw a male Harrier -- last week! This was while I was riding in the
car my son was driving, probably on Friday afternoon between 2 and 4:00 pm.
We were going north, and were between Hugo and Forest Lake on Hwy 61. I was
not aware that they were such early migrants. I have never seen one this
early before.

He flew over road in front of us and low over a corn stubble field. With all
that snow cover (up to over the weekend when we lost 5" of it) I was
wondering if he would survive to snow melt.

Thanks, Betsy, for jiggling the brain a bit!

Holly Peirson
Columbus, Anoka Co.