Subject:Short treks for birding wrecks?
From:Frank Berdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:34:59 -0800

Some of my birding buddies are aging.  One fellow now uses a cane and cannot
walk very far, so he misses getting out a lot.  Hm-mm, this could be my future
(or yours!).
We could crowd-source a collection of short, productive birding walks.  Examples
might include the inner loop at Wood Lake in Richfield.  Maybe ¼ to ½ mile tops.
Other birders with greater mobility limitations might appreciate it if we also
develop a second list of birding drives, where a stopped car on the side of the
road is not just safe but perhaps encouraged.  The Wildlife Drive at Sherburne
comes to mind, or certain roads in state parks or refuges.

Although the south Metro area was my target for my friend, any short treks or
birding drives in MN would be gratefully accepted and acknowledged.  If an
uncommon species could be seen or heard on the walk or drive, so much the better
(please note the species).
If you have one or more “Short Treks” or “Birding Drives” to contribute, please
reply to my email (not MOU-net).  Whatever’s on the list in a week or so will be
reported on MOU-net. Thank you,
Frank Berdan