Subject:Awesome Rio Grande response!
From:Thomas Maiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:08:52 -0600

How I love our bird-loving community! I put out a request for info on Rio Grande birding and have receives a boat load of responses with delightful information. It will take time to process all of the info and research all of the links, books, offerings, written reports, suggestions and favored locations but I am still stunned by the eager and bountiful responses!

Thank all of you for being a part of my birding life and showing me that I am perhaps the only Minnesota birder who hasn't done the Rio Grande birding gala that so many of you were gushing about! Now I have to go.

My wife is suggesting that a  day trip won't be enough so we should plan a 10-day trip next February. So nice to know there are warm places to go in February that are inexpensive and rich in the same experience.

Again, thank you all!

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN