Subject:sightings in Aitkin County
From:Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Feb 2011 15:04:29 -0600

This morning, Bill Stauffer, Butch Ukura and I birded around the county.
We found: 1 GREAT GRAY OWL(on C.R.18), 1 BARRED OWL, 2 GREAT HORNED
OWLS, BOHEMAIN WAXWINGS (in Palisade), 1 GRAY JAY, 1 HOARY REDPOLL (near
Gun Lake on township 78), 2 BLACK-BILLED MAGPIES (near Gun Lake), a
couple hundred COMMON REDPOLLS, a couple dozen PINE GROSBEAKS, 2 BOREAL
CHICKADEES (along the snowmobile trail south of Pietz's Road), 7
ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS, 1 NORTHERN SHRIKE, lots of HORNED LARKS and SNOW
BUNTINGS and a BALD EAGLE standing on the edge of its nest.   Warren Nelson