Subject:Newby
From:Bruce Marzinske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:21:00 -0600

Hello!, I just moved up to No. Central Mn from N. Iowa. This is my first winter at the lake place between Hackensack and Longville. I am really happy with the winter finches I've been seeing this winter. Mostly the Redpolls of which I'm looking at 40-50 at this moment, as I drink my morning coffee and watch my feeders just 6' from my window. I even have 2-3 Hoary Redpolls (lifer) coming at a regular basis. Evening/Pine Grosbeaks are irregular but present as well. Can't wait to see what happens as winter peels back. I have 45 acres of land with many cart paths winding throughout various habitats. We have 1/4 mile of undeveloped marsh/bog shoreline, a 14-15 acre tamarack/tea bog, and the usual hardwood/aspen/pine. I would welcome any member to tour my grounds if you call ahead. It's a little dicey to walk now with the massive melt/freeze, but I'm hoping that will change soon. We have several orchid species as well for those so inclined. Bruce.  218 682 2029