Subject:Varied Thrush still in Ely
From:Abigail Jeneane Darrah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:09:13 -0600

On my way up to Ely to visit the wolf center today, I decided to look for the Varied Thrush that had been reported several times this winter.  It was there, right across from the pillow rocks.  It flew from across the road and perched in one of the trees by the blue house, fluffed up in the cold, and then flew under the feeders to eat.

Not a bird I had in mind when I chose to come to Minnesota, but it was a beautiful and much-wanted lifer after missing the darn thing during a 3-week trip to Oregon several years ago.

-Abby Darrah
Fayetteville, AR