Subject:Tower day in Dassel
From:Paul - Koni Fank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:26:19 -0800

    We did our "Tower day" yesterday,  2-4-11 in Dassel

    We did our "Tower day" yesterday,  2-4-11 in Dassel, but due to certain
circumstances we were unable to be out there all day, we missed 4 hours.  We
only had 19 species, which wasn't too bad.
    We did not see or hear the Eagle, House Finch, Purple Finch, Flicker, Tree
Sparrow or the Sharp-shinned that have been around the yard.

    The weather was better than they had predicted, which we were happy about.
    We seen 2 Red-tailed Hawks and one was carring a branch, we figured it was
re-inforcing its nest, they were going in that direction.
    These are the species we seen;
Barred Owl
Northern Cardinal
Dark-eyed Junco