Subject:Re: Land Sale on Admiral Road?
From:sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:50:11 +0000

FRIENDS OF SAX-ZIM BOG is doing just that. We are looking at available lands that have a buildable spot for the SAX-ZIM BOG BIRDER/PHOTOGRAPHER WELCOME CENTER adjacent to large tracts of Black Spruce/Tamarack Bog.

We have already contacted the County about lands in the McDavitt/Admiral area. That area is one huge chunk of tax-forfeited land and understandably the county does not want to break it up. The board is looking in other locations in the core Sax-Zim Important Bird Area.

Our mission is to "support, protect and promote the Sax-Zim Important Birding Area and other peatlands through education, preservation, media, research, research funding, donation and communication. Yes, this important habitat needs to be preserved...The rate of logging Black Spruce/Tamarack/Cedar bogs continues to increase.

We are currently raising money to purchase land for the SAX-ZIM BOG BIRDER/PHOTOGRAPHER WELCOME CENTER

A small building to warm up in, displays on natural history of the bog, informational kiosk to share sightings, boardwalk into the bog, and the best outhouse in the world! Also many feeders set up for photographers and birders...and rib cages!

Once established we can continue buying and preserving bog habitat.

You can get more info, donate,  and join by going to
www.birdnation.org
Thanks!
Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road