Subject:Fwd: FW: Wirth Site Tours - Wirth improvements
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:55:07 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: VIRGINIA HARRINGTON <ginnylbi@msn.com>
To: <president@moumn.org>
Subject: FW: Wirth Site Tours - Wirth improvements
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:37:37 -0600

To Whom It May Concern:

I live across the street from Theo With Park. I have an 11 yo daughter who has been birdwatching with me since birth. She now birdwatches voluntarily. She is a member of the youth raptor corp at the Raptor Center. I was looking at a back issue of Minnesota Birding, May-June 1999, "Where to go Birding ,Wirth  Park,Minneapolis." In the article written by  Michael Welch , Steve Carlson mentions that he has seen 161species of birds at With Park. I am writing because a great horned owl cavity tree was cut down last fall after we had sucessfully saved it once. The owl was flying around in great distress.  I have seen this this pair of owls nesting in that tree sinceI moved to this house in 1997.  I have been attending park board and the cac  meetings ,beginning 2009,and I am very concerned about the current proposed projects. The wetland near the Wirth beach parking lot is up for dredging. There are proposals concerning manyy areas of south wirth including but not limited to the Quaking Bog. I was hoping that the MOU and its members could assist in preserving this natural resource. Would it be possible to email the  for members  in the hope that some may be able to attend this site tours. I am very sorry for the late notice byt you can see I just received the email today. My name is Virginia Harrington.  Please foward this email. All the informaion is available on the Minneapolis Park Board website under Theo Wirth. Thanks in advance, Virginia Harrington