Subject:Stickney Road Warning
From:Chris Edwardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:57:51 -0600

Cindy and I were birding the bog on Saturday and made the mistake of
stopping (for a possible owl sighting) near a house on the Stickney
Road that has a sign that in part says "Trespassers will be violated...."
The owner walked out to the road (we were 200 + feet past his driveway) and
asked us what we were doing there.  I said we were birding, but he acted
confused and began confronting us, yelling that he had cameras watching the
road.  We just got in the car and left.  Unknown to us, he was not through
"talking" to us and when we were several miles away he pulled up in his
car while we were driving and forced our car to stop.  I use the word
forced, because I felt like I had to stop or he would try to run us off the
road.  We listened to him rant about being an ex-marine, prior killer of
enemies, Christian, etc.  Eventually, he let us drive on.  He mentioned
having problems with birders before so we wanted to be sure to remind
everyone not to stop anywhere near his house.  I am considering contacting
the county Sheriff just to have the incident on record.

--
Chris Edwardson
Wood Technology Consulting Services