Subject:Saw-whet Owl not present this morning
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:08:43 -0500

The Owl was not visible this morning. For those photographers who could not get a picture of the owl with both eyes open, I believe I have the answer, its right eye was injured. In the late afternoon I notice that as it started to hunt, it even made a pass at a mouse(it missed) and looked up at me a couple of times its left eye was wide open but its right eye did not open.

It was fun while it lasted, many birder saw the bird and for many it was a life bird.