Subject:Stickney Road, another perspective...
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:11:27 -0500

First, my deepest sympathy to the original poster, Chris Edwardson and to the subsequent others who have had negative experiences with the gentleman from Stickney Road.
Your experiences must have been unnerving  to say the least and that is very unfortunate.  Thank you to Ben Yokel for the thoughtful and tasteful recommendation.  Your advice
was very reasonable and sensitively put sir, good work!  I've spent (hundreds?) of hours in the bog over the last few years and have never had a run in with anyone local that
was anything less than pleasant, then again, I've never gone down Stickney Road.  Please consider that the gentleman being discussed in this forum might have some type of
PTSD, or possibly a thought disorder.  A sensitive approach is certainly in order whatever the case may be.  This man has had pictures of his home taken and posted on the internet
by at least one MOU member.  I can only imagine the stress that he was under during the 2005 owl invasion, what with strangers from all over the country appearing outside his property
with spotting scopes and binoculars.  The way(s) in which he is choosing to deal with stress are obviously inappropriate, and yes, it's important to keep law enforcement updated on
inappropriate behavior for the safety of all concerned.  Consider though that this is a public forum, where all messages can be viewed by anyone with a computer.  So, now we have
a clearly paranoid individual who may or may not be aware that suggestions are being made on MOU that law enforcement officers "pose" as birders, in some type of "sting" operation.
He is being called an "idiot" who "could" have committed a "fifth degree assault".  Another poster made the suggestion that he might "kill someone", followed by another post
suggesting he might "kill a car full of birders"(!!)  How do these comments do anything to diffuse this difficult situation?
Again, my thanks to Ben Yokel for your sensitive and helpful advice, it's helpful and reflects positively on the MOU.
Take care out there, be safe, and may the sun be at your back with the birds in your field of view.
Regards,
Shawn Zierman.