Subject:Re: Stickney Road, Sax Zim
From:Molly Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:05:58 -0600

Hi everyone,As a local bringing a visitor and nonbirders to the bog and encountering this person, I was embarrassed and stunned at this man's behavior.  I follow mou-net and mnbirds and had not seen a mention of this man.  (I may have just missed it). I don't think he had been mentioned lately.  Some visitors just check birding on the net for the latest sightings in the area and do not follow the listserve all the time.
I think there should be an effort made by people who direct birders to the area to avoid that small section of road, especially if you recommend Kim's book to them.  My encounter was not pleasant at all and a bit scary.  I am glad I was not alone.
Also, if you know of a website or organization recommending that section of the road as part of a route to follow, they should be asked to remove that recommendation from their site.
Thanks.Molly ThompsonDuluth, MN