Subject:Monticello's Swan Park
From:Peter J. Makousky
Date:Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:25:30 -0500

I guess this is my first official entry. Yes, a rookie.

I birded at the "Santiago Feeders" and found my elusive Purple Finch.

At Monticello's Swan Park, I spotted a lifer for me; a Tundra Swan among the
hundreds of Trumpeters.

I did manage to get a few photos, none worthy of publishing but you can
definitely see the yellow diamond.

There were lots of Common Goldeneye but I did not spot the Barrow's.

I did get to see 2 male Pintail Ducks and also 2 Black Ducks in the mix of
Swans, Geese, and Mallards.

Pete Makousky

Aka - Sky the BirdMan

Anoka, MN