Subject:New Rice Co. EC Dove spot + waterfowl
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:07:45 -0500

Hi all,
  I found a single Eurasian Collared Dove on 3/15 feeding with a bunch of starlings south of Faribault. This was along CR 39 just east of where it intersects with Canby Ave. There are a few silver grain bins on the property and the dove was on the ground amidst a flock of starlings. It was approximately 5:15 p.m.
  Just to note, waterfowl had finally arrived in decent number and variety. I had 11 duck species plus Greater White-fronted Geese and Trumpeter Swans. (The geese were at Wells Lake and the swans at Sakatah Lake) Other highlights included Killdeer and Sandhill Crane.
  A pretty fine much needed day!
Good birding!
Dave Bartkey