Subject:Red tails
From:Don Beimborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:33:24 -0500

There has been a red-tailed hawk at the intersection of HY 7 and HY 100 in     for several years.  Before the state upgraded the cloverleaf, there was a small woods at the intersection.  Sometimes I saw a great horned owl in the trees. There was a nest. I suspect the owls and the redtails traded off on the use of the nest from year to year.

Now there are only a few trees left in the south west quadrant of the intersection.  About two weeks ago the redtails started building a nest.  Since then I've seen a hawk on the nest several times. It is easy to view when you wait for the west bound HY 7 traffic light.   No sign of the owls.

Don Beimborn
Minneapolis, MN 55416