Subject:Great Black-backed Gull in Duluth
From:Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:11:31 -0500

This morning, 16 March, there was still a first-winter Great Black-
backed among the other gulls at Canal Park in Duluth, presumably one
of the individuals which have been wintering here. At the time, there
were only a few dozen gulls present. There was also a probable first-
winter Thayer's Gull here, but I had no scope with me to confirm it
wasn't an "Iceland".

In the open water behind the WLSSD sewage treatment plant at 27th Ave
West, there was still a male Hooded Merganser among the other ducks,
probably the same bird I saw here last week, but no other new migrants
could be detected given the limited visibility behind the gate and

Kim R Eckert