Subject:Sandhill Cranes in E Anoka/W Washington Counties
From:Holly Peirson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:47:24 -0500

Went fishing this evening, on Clear Lake at SE edge of the city of Forest
Lake. Around 6:00 PM, to our GREAT excitement, 7 Sandhills flew directly
over us, going in the direction of Carlos Avery.

Caught 4 small fish, all went back down the hole. The ice is 24-26" but if
we have more days as nice as today, we won't be out on it much longer!

Also, many small batches of ducks and geese went over.

For me, Sandhill Cranes are the birds that, as Aldo Leopold said so well:
"make the spring."

Holly Peirson
Columbus, SE Anoka Co.