From:Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:33:44 -0500

You have completely failed to understand what the point for our message was.
By telling others that the local feeder had not seen the bird it was fairly
clear that the bird was moving through the area and not staying to feed for
awhile.  The last record, in 2004, for this species was a bird that spent a
few days at a feeder.  As the species is known for visiting feeders in its
home terratories it would be logical to want to know if it was visiting a
feeder in this area.

You appear to not understand what the purpose of MOUnet is.  One of the
purposes of this listserve is to pass along information to the members of
the MOU about recent sightings of various species.  The only accusations you
seem to be seeing are in your own mind and no one elses.

We were very thankful that a local feeder that didn't know any of us
welcomed a birder (not us) into their home to discuss the local sightings.
Thanks should be for them for their being so helpful.  Not this kind of bull
from you.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN
dbmartin@skypoint.com