Subject:Lapland Longspur/Rice Co.
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:25:03 -0500

Hi All--

Yesterday Gene Bauer and I encountered several Lapland Longspurs in a flock
that also contained a half-dozen Horned Larks and a single Snow Bunting.  I
was able to take a photo of the longspur, curiously the first ever for me of
this abundant species. I have posted the photo on my blog,
http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com along with comments on field marks
and the taxonomy of Lapland Longspurs.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau