Subject:Lapland Longspur/Rice Co.
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:25:03 -0500

Hi All--

Yesterday Gene Bauer and I encountered several Lapland Longspurs in a flock
that also contained a half-dozen Horned Larks and a single Snow Bunting.  I
was able to take a photo of the longspur, curiously the first ever for me of
this abundant species. I have posted the photo on my blog, along with comments on field marks
and the taxonomy of Lapland Longspurs.

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau