Subject:Trumpeter Swans - Houston County
From:Alan Stankevitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:10:37 -0500

This afternoon I was treated to the sights and sounds of 11 Trumpeter
Swans that were feeding on my neighbor's sod field adjacent to the Root
River approximately 5 miles west of Hwy 16 on County 21 in Mound Prairie
Township. Two of the birds are banded...yellow collar. I might be able
to pick out the numbers on their bands with the photographs that I took,
but they were pretty far out in the field and heat diffraction was a
problem. I believe yellow collars mean that at least two of them are
originally from WI.

Very cool to see!

Alan