Subject:Holy buckets of eagles!
From:Nicholas Tangen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Mar 2011 18:06:37 -0500

Three of us drove down to Wabasha and into Wisconsin looking for Peregrines
and eagles. We got exactly what we wanted. At the rest area in Lake City we
had atleast 70 BAEA sitting out on the ice. By the end of the day we had
>150 eagles! The Wisconsin side was just as productive and included in one
cluster of soaring eagles our first of the year Turkey Vulture. We spotted a
number of Peregrines sitting in the bluffs on the Wisconsin side of the
river as well. It is really cool to see these birds hanging out on cliff
faces instead of on man made structures. On the way home we stopped off at
Lake Byllesby to see what was on the lake. Most of the waterfowl had moved
out, but there were still a few groups hanging out including N.Pintail,
Gadwall, N.Shoveler, and Common Goldeneye as well as plenty of Canda Geese.
At the entrance to Lake Byllesby we also spotted a few Eastern Bluebirds!
Kestrels, Kildeer, and RW Blackbirds were out in numbers throughout the day
as well. Spring is here! Can I get an amen!!

--
*Thanks,
Nicholas R Tangen

"In wildness is the preservation of the world." - Henry David Thoreau*