Subject:Lake Byllesby
From:Peter J. Makousky
Date:Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:52:57 -0500

My wife and I ventured to Lake Byllesby today to check for Snow, Greater
white-fronted and Cackling geese.

No such luck. In fact, I am not sure if previous folks who saw these had
nice powerful scopes or the birds were closer in but unless you had an
awesome scope, there was no chance of picking out anything in the mass. We
tucked into the woods at the end of the cemetery and were able to spot some
closer duck species; Ring-necks, Bufflehead, Redhead, Scaup, and Goldeneyes.
On the way to the boat launch area, saw lots of Horned Larks and there
seemed to be an Eagle or Red-tail around every corner. Coming out of the
regional park we did spot some beautiful Eastern Bluebirds.

Sky BirdMan

Anoka, MN