Subject:Bohemian waxwings Todd co
From:Frederickson Randy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:28:32 +0000

Yesterday 3/19, I saw a large (325) flock of bohemian waxwings in Todd county, just SW of the town of Bertha.  I'm posting this because it seemed a large group, to me, to be this far south in mid March.  Interestingly, the birds were not associating with any food source (just sitting in the tops of aspen trees- perhaps they eat late stage aspen buds?) and flew south when they left.

Randy Frederickson
Willmar