Subject:Hyland Lake Park Reserve, Bloomington
From:Ben Harste <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:42:48 -0500

At Hyland Lake Park Reserve in Bloomington there is a small section of open
water at Hyland Lake near the main parking lots.

2 Red-Breasted Mergansers  *http://tinyurl.com/4ttf3k8*
1 Greater Scaup    http://tinyurl.com/4np5mq3
15 Ring-Necked Duck
5 Hooded Mergansers
5 Common Mergansers (flew over, did not land)
2 Gadwall
6 Mallards
1 American Coot
8 Canada Geese

I also saw one NORTHERN SHRIKE at the top of a tree near the bike path going
by the lake.   The amount of open water at the lake is fairly small still
which makes it easy to see and identify all of the waterfowl in the area,
and the Red-Breasted Mergansers were a welcome surprise for me to see on the
lake today.

Ben Harste
Bloomington, MN