Subject:Aitkin County notes
From:Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:39:38 -0500

I just talked to my friends at Gun Lake. Their YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER has
made it through the winter. Not only that, but there is another
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER that just showed up along with it -- a brightly
colored male. Early migrant? Their BLACK-BILLED MAGPIES seem to be
building a nest in a spruce tree outside their kitchen window. There was
a BLACK-BILLED MAGPIE that flew by the courthouse in town a couple of
days ago. I don't know what it was doing in town!!!! Quite a number of
ducks, geese and swans showing up.  Warren Nelson