Subject:Sherburne NWR
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Mar 2011 07:24:54 -0700

The St. Francis River is high outside my office window - brings the trumpeter
swans, Canada geese, mallards, wood ducks, hooded mergansers and river otter
closer to my camera lens!  Unfortunately, they're here early in the morning when
there's still poor light.  Dang!

Other birds noted this week include:

Pied-billed grebe
Great blue heron
Bufflehead
Ring-necked duck
Common goldeneye
Common merganser
American coot
Turkey vulture (03-22)
Sharp-shinned hawk
Bald eagle
Northern harrier
Red-tailed hawk
American kestrel
Wild turkey
Killdeer
Sandhill crane
Mourning dove (arrived 01-19)
Great horned owl
Barred Owl
Belted kingfisher (since 02-04-11 or all winter?)
American Robin
Eastern meadowlark
Red-winged blackbird
Common grackle