Subject:Albino Bald Eagle report
From:ssmorton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:45:05 -0500

I just received a report of a bald eagle in Yellow Medicine County that is
albino or leucistic.  It may have some color on the under part of the tail.

The bird was seen riding the thermals on  March 24 by two reliable sources
from Cottonwood, MN.

It was seen from Highway 67 at the entrance to the lower campground at Upper
Sioux Agency State Park where the Yellow Medicine and Minnesota Rivers
merge.

I will be visiting that area this weekend in hopes of seeing the bird.  I do
not have capable camera equipment to document if I do locate the eagle.

There is an eagle nest on the North side of the Minnesota River that can be
seen from the group camp.  The river trail in that area is not currently
accessible due to high water.  If you have not visited this park, it is a
fine birding area.  Unfortunately is not included in any of the CBC circles!

Sue Morton

Cottonwood, MN