Subject:A whole field of swans & other fowl
From:Forest Strnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:14:02 -0700

This afternoon we finally saw Tundra and Trumpeter Swans and other waterfowl in
a large field flooded with water in Rice County.  The field is located south of
Hwy. 1 and west of  Hwy 46, on  the south side of the road. Poor parking
becasuse no shoulder on Hwy. 1. You can see some of the water field south of
Hwy. 1 on  west side of Hwy. 46.

On I-35  you get off on Hwy. 1, Millersburg exit,  and go one mile to Hwy. 46.
The field, is just west of this intersection, on the south side, of the road. I
counted at least 50 Swans, both Tundra and Trumpeter. A scope would help you
identify the waterfowl, and separate the swans. We feel tthey might stay a day
or two, with so much area to feed in.

Rev. Forest V.  and Kirsten Strnad
Faribault, MN.