Subject:Breeding Sandhill Cranes/Dakota Co.
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:24:43 -0500

Hi All--

Here is the deal: a farmer told  an acquaintance who told John Holden that
he has a pair Sandhill Cranes in his field and that they fledged two young
in 2010.  John and I went to investigate this morning and we did find a
single male Sandhill Crane flying low over pasture and land near a wetland.
The location is approximately 3 miles WNW of the Northfield Hospital in
Dakota Co.  John and I will obtain permission to trespass and we will
monitor the cranes.  Meanwhile I have entered this record into the Breeding
Bird Survey as a definite breeding record as I believe the report from last
year is correct.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau