Subject:Breeding Sandhill Cranes/Dakota Co.
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:24:43 -0500

Hi All--

Here is the deal: a farmer told  an acquaintance who told John Holden that
he has a pair Sandhill Cranes in his field and that they fledged two young
in 2010.  John and I went to investigate this morning and we did find a
single male Sandhill Crane flying low over pasture and land near a wetland.
The location is approximately 3 miles WNW of the Northfield Hospital in
Dakota Co.  John and I will obtain permission to trespass and we will
monitor the cranes.  Meanwhile I have entered this record into the Breeding
Bird Survey as a definite breeding record as I believe the report from last
year is correct.

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau