Subject:Tundra Swan influx
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:50:51 +0000

About 10 days later than last spring, the main Tundra Swan influx has begun.   I counted 680 in 4 fields (mainly frozen though more open water today vs yesterday) in SW Carver County this morning, 375 along Cty. Rd. 52 near Assumption, 202 along Salem Ave, 84 along 150th St, and 19 along Cty. Rd. 151.   This total tops my greatest 1 day total last spring of 650 on March 17.  Other waterfowl in the area were Canada, Cackling Geese, Mallard, Canvasback, Ring-necked Duck, Greater Scaup, Common Goldeneye, and Hooded Merganser.