Subject:Coyote at Bass Ponds
From:Thomas P. Malone
Date:Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:12:51 -0500

This morning, while working the Bloomington Bass Ponds, a coyote was spotted walking across the ice of the far pond. At that time I was at the south corner of the second pond. The coyote came within 100 yards of me and ambled down the west side of the second pond. The assorted waterfowl sunning themselves on that side leisurely moved into the water as the animal went by.

At no time did the coyote seem nervous of me; nor did it appear interested in hunting. It appeared well fed, healthy and as if it had survived the winter quite handily.  Frankly, I had the overwhelming sense it was more interested in "bed" than anything else.