Subject:Barred Owl pair, visible, Minnetonka, Hennepin Co
From:George B Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:38:50 -0600

At 9:50 am the owl sitting in the Norway Spruce
on the north side of our house began to call.

I could hear a second Barred Owl was calling back.

After a few minutes the second owl landed in the spruce
a few feet above the first one. They were both calling with
the "monkey call." The first owl started making a soft sound
I couldn't hear well and was staring at the second owl.

The first owl then flew up and tried to mount the other owl.
The second flew off to a near by tree, followed
part way by the male. The pair were both visible for a
short time. The female left my sight and the male
is still in a boxelder at the north corner of our house.

I think you can only see it from inside our house.
You can call me if you want to see it (if it stays put).

I have put up a nest box for Barred Owls along
my north property line. Maybe I'll get a pair.

Good Luck,
George

George Skinner and Anne Hanley
15330 Lynn Terrace