Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:14:58 +0000

Today's Tundra Swan count turned up even more(again) than the past 2 days, ~1341.
330 150th St.(most 1/4-1/2 mile from
yesterday's main location), 278 Salem Ave, 225 Cty. Rd. 52(45 departing field
 and 40 arriving to field), 180 Cty. Rd. 33(25 departing field), 175
Cty. Rd. 51, 153 182nd St.   An increasing number of ducks are returning to the area with many(400-500) too far to id.   I was able to id ~400 ducks but have given up on counting Canada Geese for now.  Waterfowl this morning in order of abundance: Canada Goose, Mallard, Canvasback, Lesser Scaup, Ring-necked Duck, Common Goldeneye, Trumpeter Swan, Redhead, American Coot, Greater/Lesser Scaup(too far to be sure),  Wood Duck, and Gadwall.   I also saw the largest flock of Rusty Blackbirds I have ever seen in the spring(40-60, including 1 that still had her fall plumage) and saw my first few Brewer's Blackbirds of the spring.