Subject:Dark red-tailed hawk
From:Liz Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:02:17 -0500

The dark red-tailed hawk discussed a few months ago is still hanging
around Hwy 100 and 77th St. Now that the snow has melted, it's using more
perches so is harder to locate. I noticed it perched on a light post while
I was at the car wash, so went home and got my camera. It's tough finding
a good vantage point for photos because the hawk is shy, and the amount of
traffic around there. I managed to get this shot of it on the ground,
right across the frontage road from the Shell station. The hawk seems to
like this small field. After it left the field and perched on the light
post again, I watched it for a while, and saw it fly off to the northeast.

http://www.pbase.com/gymell/image/133555165

--
Liz Stanley
Bloomington, MN